I’m going to break from tradition here and do 13 bizarre things I’m thankful for today–and everyday. Family, friends, life are a given.
I’m thankful that….
1. My rat Sheldon likes to perch on my shoulder while I work at my writing desk.
2. Phin tolerates my need for antiquarian books, and that we have a huge display case for them.
3. I can belong to THREE library systems and not just the one for my town.
4. The Romance Divas exist, and I’m a member. Not only have I learned a ton, but the community is unparalleled.
5. I have a life in which I have time to write.
6. I belong to the Nine Naughty Novelists, without whom the last year would have been dross.
7. I haven’t yet killed my new succulents–yet.
8. The Los Angeles Romance Writers RWA chapter has taken me in as one of their own.
9. There’s a local Italian deli that sells gourmet chocolate, home-baked cookies, and delicious cheeses.
10. I took the NaNo challenge this year. I don’t know if I’ll finish or not, but I’ve pushed myself as a writer, and it feels goooood.
11. I have talented editors and publishers who are moving with the times.
12. My little brother thinks he wants to be a journalist!!
13. Words give me such joy.
What oddities are you thankful for today?